Friday, November 11, 2011

An ode to my Zebra..


I hate to be negative but I just hate this day. There were endless posts on Facebook & Twitter that today is a lucky day.

My usual route to work is a jeepney ride to Guadalupe then take the 5-10 minute walk along the bridge to Pioneer. I never had any problems before. I've taken this route for almost half a year now. I really liked it cuz in my line of work, I barely do anything physical, so this much is the only exercise my skinny body can get in a day.

I was walking, music blasting through my earphones. Flickering a cigarette on my right hand. Then bam! I felt someone grab my bag. I turned & struggled to get it back. He then ran across EDSA. I wanted to run after him, but my eyes squinted because of the headlights of the vehicles approaching. I just chased him with my teary-eyed, shocked, stare.
There weren't a lot of people there, I think. Everything passed by like a blur. I was yelling & cursing & shaking. I called a friend, and was scared that the guy might see me holding my phone and that he might run back at me and get it.

Crazy shit. When I calmed down, I realized that I was still lucky, by far. I should still be thankful 'cuz he only took my bag. He didn't hurt me. Didn't poke me with something, or point a gun or a knife at me. Yeah at least I wasn't hurt. Except for the tiny wound on my pinky, probably because of the attempt to salvage my bag.

Oh well. Thank the universe still that I am but all in one, skinny piece. Goodbye to my zebra, though. We haven't spent that much time, no adventures yet, but you will definitely occupy a special place in my heart.

RIP
xo


-Seashell

2 comments:

MarieStella said...

amazing chic bag!!
http://mychoicesaremystyle.blogspot.com/

SuppaSeashellistic said...

It is.. It's just that, it's gone now :(

Post a Comment