Thursday, November 24, 2011

You think you know, but you have no idea.. :)

In a brief conversation: a man, speaking to a woman was out to purse the question: "what kind of man are you looking for?". She sat quietly for a moment before looking him in the eye & asked; "do you really want to know?". Reluctantly, he said "yes", then she began to expound..

"As a woman in this day & age, I am in a position to ask a man what he can do for me that I can't do for myself. I pay my own bills. I take care of my household without the help of any man -- or woman for that matter. I am in the position to ask 'what can you bring to the table?'"

The man looked at her. Clearly, he thought she was referring to money.

She quickly corrected his thought & stated: "I am not referring to money.. I need something more. I need a man who is striving for perfection in every aspect of life."

He sat back in his chair, folded his arms, & asked her to explain. She said; "I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection, mentally. I need conversation & mental stimulation. I don't need a simple-minded man. I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection, spiritually, because I don't need to be unequally yoked. Believers mixed with non-believers is a recipe for disaster. I need a man who is striving for perfection, financially, because I don't need a financial.. BURDEN.
I am looking for someone who is sensitive enough to understand what I go through as a woman, but strong enough to keep me grounded.
I am looking for someone who I can respect. In order to be submissive, I must respect him. I cannot be submissive to a man who isn't taking care of his business. I have no problems in being submissive. He just has to be worthy. God made women to be a helpmate for men. At this point, I can't help a man who can't help himself.."

When she finished her spiel, she looked at him. He sat there with a puzzled look on his face & exclaimed; "you're asking for a whole lot!".

To which she gracefully replied; "Only if you think I'm not worth a lot..".


xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment